Bilecik province, in the southeast of the Marmara Region; It is located on the intersection points of the Marmara; Black Sea, Central Anatolia Region and Aegean Regions. Among the oldest known names of the province are Agrilion and Belekoma . The first settlement in Bilecik started in Anatolia; during the transition period to the Bronze Age. Its history dates back to 3000 BC. It is known that tin was mined for bronze production in Bilecik before Christ.
SÖĞÜT ERTUĞRUL GAZİ MUSEUM
which is completely surrounded by pine trees, is 7 kilometers from the city center. The pond with an area of 213.50 hectares was created for irrigation purposes. Due to its ease of transportation and wide area, it attracts great attention especially on weekends. You can set up a tent or barbecue around the lake. There are also tea gardens and pancake houses. Again, you can rent a bicycle to tour around the lake, and you can travel around the lake with sea bikes.
In short, it is a recreation and picnic area with plenty of green, water and oxygen, 7 kilometers from Bozüyük. Through the generator from the waterfall on the slope; generating electricity and the region from the turbine of the generator in question is called by this name. With the investments made by the municipality, the promenade area has become more beautiful; Due to the increase in demand, the empty area nearby was also arranged and afforested and included in the promenade.
However, although the exact date of construction of the Museum is not known; it is known that it was built as a “winding house” by the mayor Memiş Ağa in the early 1900s. Two round arched doors side by side on the front of the building, which draws attention with its woodwork; On the two side walls, there are vertical rectangular windows and triangular pediments above them. It has a wooden hipped roof and the roof is covered with ;Turkish style tiles.In the Museum, which was restored with the old Turkish house architecture and opened to service in 2001, people living in Söğüt and its surroundings; Ethnographic artifacts and belongings of the nomads are exhibited. Also in the museum are sanjak, old clothing, hand-woven rugs and carpets, weapons; measuring and weighing instruments, napkins and money bags, archaeological artifacts; (Coins from the Roman
Although the exact date of the Orhan Gazi Mosque’s first construction is not known; it is thought to have been built at the beginning of the 14th century along with other works of Orhan Gazi. The temple with a capacity of 365 congregations was repaired and restored in 1973. It is 50 meters away from Şeyh Edebalı Tomb; the most interesting aspect is that while the minarets are adjacent to the mosque; here, the main minaret is that it was built on a rock 30 meters away from the main building. II. It was repaired during the reign of Abdülhamid. Orhan Gazi Mosque The religious architecture of the Ottoman period Turkish architectural art; It is an example of the first domed structure experiment in the area. It is known as Kurşunlu Mosque because the dome was covered with lead during the restoration.
BİLECİK CLOCK TOWER
One of the first striking works when entering Bilecik from Eskişehir is the clock tower. The tradition of making clock towers in the Ottoman Empire; dates back to the 16th century. started to emerge at the end of the century. This tradition in Ottoman cities; XVIII and XIX. century, it became widespread from west to east. The most important reason for the spread of clock towers to the interior of Anatolia, II. It is the edict that Abdulhamid sent to the governors on the 25th anniversary; of his accession to the throne (1901) regarding the construction of the clock tower. In 1907, a clock tower was built by Ertuğrul Governor; Musa Kazım Bey in line with this order in Bilecik.Undoubtedly; the tower, which is 15 meters high, was built close to the high school (currently used as the municipal service building) on Istasyon Street.
The museum was built as a two-storey gendarmerie building in 1794; then the lower floor was built as a prison. The courthouse was built on the ruins of the building; which was completely burned during the Greek occupation in 1921-1922, after the occupation; and the lower floor was used as a prison. The building; which was allocated to the Ministry of Culture and Tourism to be used; as a museum with the transfer of the prison to its new building in 1996 has been serving as a museum since 2006 after the restoration; display, arrangement and landscaping works in 2005. The museum contains archaeological and ethnographic artifacts.
There are 4 spring waters on the plateau, which is covered with fir; black pine, beech, juniper trees and all kinds of flowers; 28 kilometers away from Bozüyük district center. Its highest peak is around 1700 meters.